Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Feeds

For a long time I was really fedup with bookmarking (using Google Bookmarks) all the cool blog feeds I read (some daily and some weekly) and scanning for new updates everytime I want to read something new. Not bcoz there weren't any tools to aggregate my feeds, I was plain simple lazy.

Fast forward to current day and I finally took the time and started playing with Google Reader. Wow! It works. Period. It easily organizes all my feeds into a readable format and the interface rocks. Even though there are few glitches that I found (one for example: there is no easy way to mark a single post in a feed as unread), I liked it mostly. I'll be using it regularly (from my office of course!)

Netvibes.com is another aggregration and personalization tool which handles all kind of popular emails out there and blog feeds (RSS) and other small free gadgets. Check it out, it is cool, but I personally feel the site is more like Microsoft's Live platform, too fast at sometimes (you wonder what really happened) and too slow at startup (may be it is my laptop.. time to upgrade/buy new one?)

Anyways, need to see who wins the race.. Google Reader or Netvibes.

No comments: