Monday, August 20, 2007

Virtual Child

Hooray... Cookies and doughnuts for you all! At my work, we released the next version of our web-based product application today. It went "live" smoothly without any problem. That's a relief ... ;)

I still vividly remember how this product was six-seven years before and I'm amazed to see how it has changed over the years and the way I've helped it to become what it is now. Me and this product have come a long way together -- we both have learned a lot, experienced ups and downs, got matured along the way, made mistakes (and corrected them) and have grown.

I simply love this product, not just because I've spent all my work-time for the last six-seven years thinking about it, but mainly because it fueled my passion to create something worthwhile that people can use and benefit from. Apart from this, well, it also has fed me for all these years ... :)

Over the years, we at NetResults Corporation (in Palo Alto, California), have been trying different ways to refine and improve this product, attract more loyal customers and most importantly provide what customers really need -- and we are getting better at it every day. It really feels good when a product does what it claims to do and does in the best possible way, such that the customers are emotionally attached to the product (like iPod, iGoogle, Windows (except some occasional blue-screens), etc).

Along the line, I've become attached to this product. In some way, it is like raising a child. I've seen it as a child growing up into a healthy adult. It gives me immense pleasure to see that the adult is doing good now.. :) Hope to continue this way.

Well, now that I've some experience raising a virtual kid, do you think it would be easy to raise a real one (oh! I forgot, do I have to get married for that first?) heh?

Anyways, you can learn more about my child at www.NetResultsTracker.com.

8 comments:

Aparna said...

You don't HAVE to get married to raise a real kid! Now, how does that song go.. "pillaiyathan pethukuttu kattikalama, illa kattikuttu pillaiyathan pethukallama" - whatever works for you dude! ;-)

Priya Iyer said...

:-) congo on your 'virtual child'!

Gopi Sundharam said...

Aparna: athu seri.. if I show a real kid to my mom, she just might kill me.. :)

Gopi Sundharam said...

Priya: thanks always! :)

Karthik Murugesan said...

Congratulations!!

Living Simple said...

what happened you had a virtual child and then forgot to write on your blog?

It must be virtual diaper duty ;-) thats taking up all your time.

Priya Iyer said...

LOL at living simple's comment! :-) i visited your blog a couple of times in the days after you had your 'virtual child' and found nothing! :-(

so i thought of putting a comment, but saw that living simple has already done it! :-)

Gopi Sundharam said...

@living simple: LOL.. nice. Well, I'm still learning to change diapers. The child was running left & right, so had to work a bit more to get it stable... :) It is now.

@priya: hey.. nice to know at least some one is visiting my blog.. :) OK, now I should write more.